Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Rhythm Of Love By Plain White T's

     This evening I recognized a song used in a TV commercial, it was 'Rhythm of love' by the Plain White T's. At first I thought it was a jewelry commercial, wasn't paying attention close enough. My online search results said it was for cosmetics, Estee Lauder, which directed people to find it at Macy's. I liked the lyric 'My heart beats like a drum' as I have often had an appreciation for the drummers in music. So to me this was the hook in the song. For this band, I also liked another one of their songs- 'Delilah'.
   When I was on Youtube checking this song out again I also listened to 'We can't stop' by Miley Cyrus. This is a song I had written about before. A previous visit to the comedy club was remembered, where somebody said Miley sang about drugs in it with the lyric 'Dancing with molly'. Well I don't know all slang, but articles I found said MDMA- or 'Ecstasy'- is sometimes known as 'Molly'. Originally I said I didn't understand what 'Twerking' was, but who am I to judge? After watching 'Jeopardy' and seeing it as a clue on that show, I do know. But I still say the same about this song. I know that musicians have long sang about sex and drugs- so it is in no way shocking to me. I once had a coworker say the title to an oasis song- 'What's the story, morning glory?' was a British slang term for sex and drugs. In one article, on the Huff Post, Miley said one thing I agreed with- how there are more important things in the world than her song. It has been edited in some places due to controversy.
   At the comedy club tonight, I did go onstage , and it meant trying out plenty of new jokes. One was about taking the 'Stuffie' to work and putting it in the Toys for Tots donation box as I had no use for it. I also spoke about another edition of 'Wii Dancing'- which is done for 30 minutes in the afternoon. One of the songs we danced to for exercise was 'Venus' by Banana-rama. I can understand the lyrics better when they are on the screen. Another one was 'Are you going to go my way' by Lenny Kravitz, one we had danced to recently. It's a really active one so a good one to choose again. The show runner said this blog is often about music, an excellent observation. The show closer did the science joke about Newton's Laws of Motion, which ends with her 'Having a cigarette'.   

No comments:

Post a Comment