Sunday, January 19, 2014

Clean Guys Of Comedy Movie

     I just used my Redbox code for a free movie, and chose 'Clean Guys of Comedy' live from Denver. I had picked up a postcard about it, likely at one of the comedy clubs I frequent but can't recall which one. There were 5 comedians in the lineup, I had heard of two of them, Jamie Kennedy from the 'Scream' movies and Dave Coulier from 'Full House', who also served as the show's announcer. The first comic, Andy Hendrickson, was my favorite, likely since he did relatable jokes like working in an office, and sibling rivalry. The other two comics were Ralph Harris and Heather McDonald.
   I did various things today, starting with getting laundry done and seeing a comedian friend when I went out to my car. This has happened before, and I like this feeling of knowing people when I am out and about.
    When I got home from doing laundry, just before midday, I listened to the Iowa/Minnesota basketball game from Iowa City on the radio. Iowa trailed at halftime but went on to win 94-73. I watched some of the pro football playoff games as well, Denver beat New England in the first game and Seattle beat San Francisco in the second.
   I also decided to clean out my internet dating profile a little, closing matches that had reached email stage where I hadn't heard anything in over a week. Or in the case of one, a psychology resident, somebody who said they wanted to exchange phone numbers since the free communication period was ending and didn't want to pay for membership. But I was annoyed at how this match gave brief responses even though I gave extensive answers to their questions. With another, a physician, it was admitted how responses were slow as no connection was felt. I was crushed as I was excited about trying to get a date scheduled soon with the physician. All of this was why I really wanted the relationship that ended in August to work out. I just hate first dates and there has been such a low response rate, even on E-harmony which is supposed to be the best site out there. It was what I remembered from before, where I end up meeting less than one percent of the matches, and most of those I meet are 'One and done' sadly. My December activity report said I communicated with 182 matches, though I had just one date that month. So my track record is basically still no different than before.

No comments:

Post a Comment