Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Home Use Catheter

    At the comedy club tonight, I spoke with one comic before the show saying I would expect comedian friends to read this blog just to find out if I am writing about them. This is somebody who recently did the home use catheter joke, and he did this joke tonight as well. He is also known for doing the 'LBJ and Fresca' joke.
   This is one night, more so than others, where I truly felt the value of comedy because of all of those I spoke with at this show along with what I discussed. Comedy gave me confidence to try harder in dating, I said so after the show. During the show when I needed to step out and blow my nose I said my comedy training helped me shut somebody down who was being a pest. This was when I spoke with a colleague at the office. I had lunch with this colleague and confidant today and was told it led to an attitude adjustment on the part of her neighbor. This made me feel good as it proves I have gained plenty from the craft- knowing how to handle people. I didn't enjoy having to shut somebody down but I like knowing I am good enough at it when I need to be.
    My 'Bestie' did his 'Lost dog' joke. There was another joke he did near the end that seemed to be new- derived from his relationship- how he went about insulting his woman. When he left the stage I said yes that means I already like it. Usually I say I need to hear a joke a few times before I truly like it.  The sub teacher did his 'Have her friend and eat it too' joke. The show runner did the 'For sale by owner' joke. The show closer was the Oklahoma native, who did his pronunciation of gyro joke. We matched wits before the show, I like knowing I can match wits with the best of them. The 'Extra murder' comic did the joke about his grade school teacher mispronouncing 'Washington'.
   I liked discussing the blog with the show runner after the show, who said she was interested in activities done at my office. Using chairs in games must have been our version of the Olympics, though what I thought of at first was our smaller version of the St. Patrick's Day parade. I like our 'Cubbyhole' of a rec-room where I shoot baskets like at a bar. I haven't done the Ping-Pong in the same room yet, but I did the Wii dancing today. Some of the songs we danced to included 'Rasputin' and 'Monster Mash'- I liked hearing the latter even though it isn't Halloween. Even though I like walking as exercise, I know dancing is good exercise as well.
   I liked lunching with my colleague today. I said I preferred discussing subjects besides my dating life, as it had been covered quite a bit already recently and there was nothing new or positive to report. It was about things like how she is going to travel to Mexico soon, apparently a friend's wedding will be there. And about what it is like when I do comedy, I said I like how the stage lights are bright as I stay more focused when its harder to see the crowd. It led to mention of the movie '4 weddings and a funeral'- and how I haven't seen it yet. I said what got me into comedy was a weird year of 2 funerals and a wedding. I found the Wikipedia article about the movie, after reading it I am interested in finding the movie but it likely means checking for it at the library. A deaf man stopping a wedding and a groom getting punched at the altar was what piqued my interest.

No comments:

Post a Comment