Friday, January 10, 2014

Orders- Book, Checks, Stamps

     I was running out of checks so I decided to place an order for a box today. Thankfully I don't have to order them often, less than once a year. So I decided it was a good day to get other orders placed. This included a book about the St. Louis Cardinals that I found on the St. Louis Post-Dispatch store website. I didn't have any Cardinal Christmas ornaments- that I know of- so I included a set of two in the order. Then there was the Postal Service order. I had meant to place one in November but there was a problem remembering my password so I was locked out. It didn't reach the top of my priority list for a while. I had to keep guessing before I found the right answer to the security question, then I was able to place the order. It was three first day covers, a 'Keepsake' with first day covers from the baseball player series from 2012, and a ceremony program from the 20th century poets series.
   I made it to the comedy club tonight and I was onstage, early on. Somebody said 'Party foul' during my set, when a beer class broke. And they said the same when a second glass broke, much later in the show. I liked trying out some new jokes, like the one about the microwave oven in the break room from this week. I got shout-outs as well, which I like a lot. Some of them were from the Mason City native, who followed me in the lineup. After the show he was outside holding court and I listened to him talk about music for a while as he is really knowledgeable about it.
   At work I did more training for settled in full, as well as paid in full, letters to be generated and sent out. There were five, and four were finished in time to go out in the final mail run of the day. But I had to re-print some of them as I didn't enter the amounts on them the first time around. The most important thing is checking it and correcting it 'Before it leaves the factory'- and I did.

No comments:

Post a Comment