Friday, January 17, 2014

Gophers Vs. Buckeyes Hockey

     I went to the Gopher hockey doubleheader at TCF Stadium tonight. I only saw the second game, the men's game, the Gophers vs. the Ohio State Buckeyes. I arrived at my seat near the end of the first period, no score. Minnesota scored early in the second, and it held up as the final was 1-0. In the women's game the Gophers beat Mankato 4-0. I needed to go to the copy store to print my ticket, and then go to Target and get winter boots so I would be comfortable throughout. Though I was still a little shaky near the end, as it was cold. I parked across the river and then took the footbridge over to the university campus. I did see some searchlights once I got closer to the venue. I hated seeing a bucket of popcorn go to waste. I was a little hungry despite eating at Super-America in advance, so I ate the rest of the popcorn. It was less than half of the plastic bucket, so not all that much. Before I reached my seat I went into the bathroom and put on sweatpants to keep my legs warm. I eventually found somebody selling a program as well.
   The order from the Postal Service arrived with mostly first-day covers, I liked how it didn't take long, just a week. One of the E-bay orders arrived as well, a World's Fair postcard.

No comments:

Post a Comment