Friday, January 3, 2014

Fireplace Video From Netflix

     I went to the comedy club tonight and the 'Extra murder' comic did a joke about fireplaces on Netflix. It of course made me think about 'Yule Log', a show I like to watch around Christmas. I got plenty of shout-outs since I was in the front row. My 'Bestie' performed as well, he did his 'Chivalry is dead' joke. I like it and I hadn't heard it in a while. We spoke briefly after the show but he left quickly. I said I would still like to see one of his shows on the road. I've heard plenty about the venue in Appleton, WI, near Green Bay. It sounds like he may be there in the spring. I had meant to see a show there previously but my schedule didn't allow it, this was three years ago.
    On the way to the venue I did pass by the site of a building destroyed by fire this week. I could still detect a burnt smell, likely since the demolition isn't finished yet.
    After the show I did find some videos on  Youtube about the Chicago World's Fair in 1933. Some of them were newsreels, and it included a demonstration of Chrysler cars on a test track. I am now up to 40 postcards from this fair since some more arrived this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment