Tuesday, January 14, 2014

George Kurowski

     I did get a good look at the book I ordered that just arrived this week. This was 'For the love of the Cardinals'. I had heard of most of the players mentioned in it, except one. For T, third base, I hadn't heard of George 'Whitey' Kurowski, who played third during their pennant runs in the 1940s. The illustrations in it are good. Hard to say when I might order from this site again, the St. Louis paper. There's likely a few more items there that I will like. The ornaments are cool as well, I added them to my little tree already. There is a mirror on one side of the ornaments. One is from Game One of the 2011 World Series, the other from winning the National League title that same year.
   Before I went to the comedy club, I did order another book, about Soldier Field in Chicago. I am hopeful to be able to pick it up next week. I found three books about this venue online, I chose the one that had the most pages- over three hundred- and was published most recently- in 2009. I trust there is something in it about the 1933 World's Fair. I read the preview on Amazon, and the table of contents did mention something about the 1959 Pan Am Games.
   At work I stayed busy as I did 13 SIF/PIF letters in the afternoon. Usually afternoons are not busy, after submitting the payoff report. At the comedy club I liked hearing the 'Tipping the waitress' joke from a comic who says he is originally from Fargo but now lives in Florida. Also liked hearing one about being like bus fare from the one who does the 'High at the movie theater' joke.  

No comments:

Post a Comment