Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Mints In Cup Near Door

      I did a long walk in the skyway at midday and saw a cup full of mints near a door. I decided to claim one and the wrapper said 'We love our residents'. There was a management office for apartments nearby. It was a part of the skyway that I don't see very often. I stayed inside as I was unsure how cold it still was outside, though the news said the wind chill advisory was set to expire by then.
    Tonight I made it to the comedy club. It was the first time I had been out with my car since Saturday, so it had been 3 days. Thankful that it started, though it was a little contrary. In some ways I may be addicted to the drama, in terms of thinking of what would happen if the car hadn't started. Or, even before that, wondering what the odds would be on it starting. Why- since the oil change place said there wasn't enough cold cranking amps in my battery at the last two oil changes? The gauge said it was in the normal range, and has been there consistently for a while.
   My 'Bestie' was the show closer. He did the 'Chivalry is dead' joke, and I said I liked the voice change for effect in this joke. He also did the 'Lost dog' joke, and has been adding to it. I did speak  about my blog, and I gave my business card so he knows where to find it. I spoke with the show runner after the show, he talked some about college basketball. As a fellow Iowan he spoke mainly about some of the college basketball there. The MC did the joke about 'ODD' and the most common cause is bad parents. I laughed really hard at this one as usual. I did get some shout-outs, which makes me feel good of course. I know this comic may have brought out this joke, knowing I like it. Her name is the same as a capitol city, and since I know capitols well it is memorable to me.  

No comments:

Post a Comment