Saturday, January 4, 2014

Gameworks Tickets

       I did some cleanup today, going through two plastic sandwich bags full of event tickets. I found some Gameworks tickets, seven in all. I went online and confirmed they were from my time living in suburban Chicago, as there is a location in Schaumburg near Woodfield Mall. No other locations were in the Midwest. Not sure when I got them, but as I recall they had the free tickets for an advance screening of 'Shrek' back in 2001. During my next visit to the area I will have to see about redeeming them. Of course it means finding out if they are still of value. But I don't want to cram too much into one weekend. I would already like to see the World's Fair exhibit at the Field Museum, as well as a
Wolves hockey game, a comedy show, and the World's Fair postcard collection at a suburban library. It means studying how to make the logistics work, and I am up to that challenge. Some things are only possible on certain days, or certain times of day. And a ticket redemption won't take long unless it is hard to find a parking spot and I stay to play games to get more tickets. I do like Skee-ball.
   The day started off with some cleanup. I went into my box of greeting cards and was pleased that there were 3 postcards in it. One was from Thailand, it was from my college roommate. This was the second of his two visits there, and I was sent a postcard from the first visit as well. One was from Las Vegas, from my Little League teammate. The third was from Pittsburgh, from my mom. I got those into photo albums where they belong.
    There was some chores and errand running on my list to get done before it got colder. The first stop was to the Blockbuster Video liquidation sale. I bought two videos, Ordinary People and Crazy Heart. I also got a 6-pack of little Baby Ruth candy bars, and two Girl Scout candy bars. Then it was a stop for groceries, and eventually to Little Caesar's for a pepperoni pizza. I got the recycle and trash done shortly after returning with pizza. Because of this, I didn't see much of the first football playoff game. The Chiefs led the Colts 31-10 at halftime but lost 45-44. I probably saw more of the second game, Saints-Eagles, the Saints won 26-24 on a last-second field goal.    

No comments:

Post a Comment