Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Plenty Of Fish

    I spoke about internet dating with a colleague at midday and she said she met her partner on Plenty of Fish. I said I had been on that site a while back but no luck finding anyone worth dating there. I like how I feel more free to talk about myself with this colleague than others I've known for much longer, as I think she was a new hire in just the past year. There are others that I talk to much less as I was getting annoyed with their unsolicited advice about my relationship. This is the same colleague where I found Wikipedia articles for as she hadn't heard of TV show producer Norman Lear. She has art at her cube that says 'Don't ever give up'. It depicts a frog choking a bird, and the bird is trying to eat the frog.
   At the comedy club tonight, a show runner from another club was performing. When I arrived she said I could sit at her table, and her husband the cop was also there. She added to the joke about being diagnosed by a relative who failed nursing school, apparently it has been more than just lupus. I also liked the one about JV basketball and JV landscaping. I did see the show runner at the bar on my way in, the Iowa Hawkeye basketball game was on. They led Michigan State at the time but lost in overtime. After the show I went to a convenience store and got a small can of Pringles, along with a postcard of the Metrodome that said 'Thanks for the memories, 1982-2014'.
   It was a busy day at work as I was covering for a colleague, my 'Work spouse'. The special requests proved to be high volume, and it was hard to keep up with the SIF/PIF letters as well.  (Settled or Paid in Full letters)

No comments:

Post a Comment