Monday, January 27, 2014

Hash Tag Comic

   To the best of my knowledge, we just had out first 'Hash tag comic' at the comedy club tonight. I found out later on it was a stage name for somebody I already knew. He did a joke about Tinder, an internet dating site I haven't seen yet. I have a cold and had to blow my nose more than once at the club, the second time was during the show. I did hear the 'Mushrooms at the movie theater' joke and the 'Bathtub comic' was the show closer. He did a joke about the cold Minnesota weather, since it's subzero here again. One comic from out of town, New York City, was pretty good. They said he would be performing at the club later this week. He had some good jokes about internet dating that I agreed with, so of course I said 'Yep!' instead of laughing.
    At work there was a communication breakdown near the end of the day. I understood I was taking over the SIF/PIF letters, though a colleague was doing some of them for me and didn't tell me. I found out when I was about to close those cases as I had completed those letters. For much of my day I know full well I was preoccupied with other issues- emotional ones. I found out the flowers and letter I sent over the weekend both arrived, it was a bold move for me to send them, definitely rare. I wanted to say 'Thank you' and 'Sorry' at the same time. I am hopeful to hear from the recipient but I haven't yet. What made it bold was how I had already been turned down, but I asked that my candidacy be reconsidered. Lack of trying sure is less of a problem for me in my life than it was, I know it is likely due to doing comedy as it gave me plenty of confidence.

No comments:

Post a Comment