Friday, January 31, 2014

Metrics Yes, Animosity No

     There was more than one meeting for me to attend at work today. The first was to say I wasn't picked for the special project I had just interviewed for. I was asked to have no animosity about it. I liked how my boss was willing to talk with me about his observations, though it is still tough to hear I was passed over. I said I hate interviews because I suck at them. I was told to take most every opportunity offered to be trained on processes and I would become a leader and probably would get picked next year. The other meeting was on our new metrics that take effect next week, in the new month. Some of it sounds confusing at the outset.
   I went to the comedy club tonight. My 'Bestie' was doing the 'Lost dog' joke. I like it but wanted to hear more than just this joke, which was long. After the show he was holding court and I even said so. He said he did want to do more than just this joke. The 'Extra murder' comic did the yule log joke and made comments about people leaving when he was taking the stage. I said 'I'm still here!' and got a shout out for it. The show closer was the one that likes to rant and do crowd rap. When he heard me say 'Yep' twice he asked who, when he found out it was me he said he couldn't rip on me. After the show I said this made me feel good. He said he is now a show runner at another club and offered me stage time whenever I wanted it- and called me 'Genuine', which I also liked as it's what I strive for.

No comments:

Post a Comment