Friday, January 24, 2014

Jesse Ventura, Science Museum

     I was out of the office today for a mentoring event. We went to the Science Museum in downtown St. Paul. It had been a while since I had seen it. Notable things there to me included seeing a Jesse Ventura double picture there. When upside down both were the same, when moved up then one of them was distorted. I also liked taking home a postcard from the harmono-graph, the pendulums and weights drew the pen-mark pattern on it. I also liked going to the gift shop and getting two note cards, one was of the Landmark Center and the other of ice sculptures near the Ordway theater. The third item, a postcard, was artwork of the city's skyline. It reminds me of the artwork at the comedy club inside Mall of America, likely the same artist. The first event we did was see a movie at the Omni-theater, it was from 1990 and called 'Blue Planet'. Seeing the copyright date in roman numerals at the end explained why two natural disasters from 1989 were mentioned in it: Hurricane Hugo, along with the World Series earthquake in San Francisco. I ended up seeing somebody I know from riding the bus to work. This woman works at the museum, looked like in foodservice as she spotted me near one of the dining areas.
    After the event was done I got on the bus for home, then I was on my way again. It was to the library to get a letter typed. I had to reroute to a different library than planned as there was a traffic backup. It took me a while to get home as it was snowing when I got out of the library, and continued for a few hours.
     I made it to the comedy club tonight, my 'Bestie' did the 'Lost Dog' joke. A member of a rap and comedy act told the story about his pregnant lady friend's ultrasound.

No comments:

Post a Comment