Sunday, January 26, 2014

JC Penney, Chili's

     This evening I decided to go to Maplewood to use some of my gift cards. First I went to the mall and I got there after 6pm, so fewer entrances were open as they were closing at 7pm. But I liked finding two pairs of pants at JC Penney that took care of all of the gift card balance. Then it was on to Chili's across the road. I had hoped to get back to my car through the mall, but it was not to be. The door leading back in was locked, so I made the walk over to the restaurant and it was a cold one with blowing snow. It was a good meal, I had salmon and rice with broccoli, it was on the low calorie part of the menu. I had cheesecake and this took care of the balance. So I now have two cards for Kohl's, one for Red Lobster, one for Applebee's, and one for Jiffy Lube. It was nice to hear a compliment from another patron as I was leaving, I was told I looked like their relative who is an electrician.
   I made it into downtown St. Paul as well twice this afternoon, first was for the Winter Carnival. I looked at the exhibits inside the Landmark Center, after finding food in Rice Park- a chili dog and hot chocolate. Then after getting warmed up inside, I went back out to see the ice sculptures, which included two dinosaurs. While I was looking at the exhibits inside, I had to pause and sit down to listen to a song I recognized. It was 'Umbrella' by Rihanna. I kept hearing the constant hi-hat and knew it was that song. Some of the lyrics really resonated with me, like 'Said I'd always be your friend, took an oath and I'll stick it out until the end'.
   I went back into downtown a little later and went to the fitness center. I am thankful I allowed myself more time than before due to arriving earlier, as I had 20 minutes on the pedaling machines this time. I didn't see my colleague though, I was alone in the place.
   After I got back from Maplewood, I called my dad while the Grammy Awards were on. We spoke about various subjects, one of those being Hawkeye basketball. Another one was the winter weather, and apparently it hasn't been much better down in southern Iowa where he is.

No comments:

Post a Comment