Sunday, January 12, 2014

Time Of My Life, David Cook

     I tackled some more cleanup today. I looked at notes on the back of an online article I printed to help with visiting the Carolinas in April 2010. When one said 'More songs' I knew I had to look at them closely, as it was meant to be a song I wanted to remember. I wrote live it out loud, face in the crowd, this is the time of my life. I found out it was 'Time of my life' by David Cook. The Wikipedia article said he was an American Idol winner in 2008. With the other song I wrote down somebody else's success is painful. I found out it was 'Say Something' by Timbaland and Drake. I like how a movie, Talented Mr. Ripley, was referenced. Also liked a lyric about being addicted to this life, hard to quit, as it does describes how I feel about comedy.
     I did venture out in the afternoon to see what was at a sale. It was the Sid Hartman sale, a local sports journalist, in St. Louis Park. The one thing I bought wasn't from it. I got a book about stamp collecting, called 'Postmark Paris' by Leslie Jonath. The book writer collected stamps while living in France for one year at age ten. I also wanted to get a Charles Lindbergh book but was told they only allowed debit card use if at least $30. All I had on me was $2. I had to leave for a short time as I needed to go to the bathroom, and there wasn't one onsite. I correctly guessed there was a bowling alley just north of there, and I relieved myself at the bowling alley.
   I didn't watch much of the football playoff games today. San Francisco beat Carolina in the first and Denver beat San Diego in the second. I watched the first half of the Iowa basketball game at Ohio State, then went to the sale. I caught the end of the first football game on my car radio as I was returning from the sale, since I was listening to 'Wait Wait, Don't Tell Me' on public radio first. With the second game I decided to put in a movie I just bought at Blockbuster, 'General Education'. I saw much more of the second half than the first. After watching 'The Simpsons' - where apparently Comic Book Guy got married to a Japanese woman- I took a walk around the neighborhood. I ended up with 8 pull tabs from beverage cans.     

No comments:

Post a Comment