Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Gas Station Hot Dog

      Before I went to the comedy club tonight, I picked up a book I had ordered. When I was paying for it I wanted to look at the index right away, and confirmed there was mention of the 1933 World's Fair in this book about Soldier Field. While waiting to get the book I heard some music and had to ask if anyone knew what the song was. I was told it was from the Billy Joel and Norah Jones CD.
    A notable from the comedy show was the show closer, who did jokes about hot dogs, saying gas station hot dogs were at the bottom of the list. The Yemen native did one about getting attention for saying 'Allah' at the airport. The neck tattoo comic did one about a baby in a sling won't stop many bullets. I briefly spoke with the show runner after the show, and he said he would be going to Iowa soon for gigs. As usual, I liked hearing his knowledge of music, tonight I heard plenty about Motown acts like The Temptations.
   I liked how 3 E-bay orders arrived. Two were World's Fair postcards, the third was a 'Good Will Hunting' movie card. The card was much like the one I already had for 'Covered Wagon' since it is made by the same company, a French card.

No comments:

Post a Comment