Monday, January 13, 2014

Working In A Discotheque

     When I arrived at work this morning I was greeted by both lights above my workspace blinking. I said 'Great, I'm working in a discotheque'. I am thankful that my boss called maintenance right away, and those lights were taken down about 20 minutes later. Then others were installed after the electrician showed up rather quickly, before midday.
   Though this wasn't my only problem today. The long walk last night may have aggravated my injury from falling on the ice. It was a real chore to stand up and sit down. My work spouse said there should be remedies in the first aid kits in the break room, but the aspirin didn't work. I went to Walgreen after being at the comedy club tonight and got generic versions of Tylenol and Aleve.
   It was great being onstage at the comedy club tonight. I did do one joke about falling on the ice, how my tailbone hurts due to it. And I did one about flimsy excuses I get when dates cancel out on me. The 'Bathtub comic' did one about somebody being attacked by 3 coyotes wile walking to work at 5am. The 'Extra murder' comic did one about crime in Chicago, as he just had a show there. He also tried to do one about bathroom attendants but messed it up, and was filming his set. Some of my friends were interested in a crowd member who was ejected, apparently he stayed in the building  and banged his head on the glass after he was locked out. Then was picked up by the police after he passed out. Even a crowd member, an attractive woman wearing a tight fitting skirt, inquired about it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment