Saturday, March 8, 2014

16 Bottles

    I hadn't done dishes and recycling in a little while due to being out of town last weekend. I did them this morning before picking up a rental car for the drive to Iowa City today. I washed out 16 bottles, and did all of the dishes as well. The recycle bag was full, otherwise I would have done the 6 soup cans and one juice can with it. I still took care of the lion's share. There is not much left to do before heading out. It will be nice to see the Iowa Hawkeye basketball game vs. Illinois.
    I made more stops than I wanted to, but one of them was to take off my coat as I was getting warm in the car. it was the second stop, the first was at an ATM I frequent. Ten the third was at Albert Lea were I had a small Pizza Hut pizza. The final one was near Cedar Falls, were I called my college roommate to say I was about 90 minutes away. I expected to arrive around 5pm, and I did shortly after this time. It was a 7:30 start so I arrived well before the game began. I said I was fine with ordering pizza as long as it wasn't from the Hut. Iowa looked good for a while, leading by 5 at the half, but lost by 3. The thing I kept saying was they weren't pulling down the rebounds. And there was no sense of urgency to shoot the ball when trailing late. I like how my classmate got me more than just game tickets, but also a parking pass as I was able to park near the arena about a block away. But the traffic after the game didn't move quickly at all. I got a program for $2, it mainly consists of the rosters and season schedule for both teams.           

No comments:

Post a Comment