Sunday, March 2, 2014

World's Fair Exhibit, Field Museum

       I went to the World's Fair exhibit at the Field Museum today. As usual, I learned something when I visit a museum. It was how the museum was at the World's Fair site, south of there, but moved and now the Science and Industry Museum is now there, the former Fine Arts Building.
I bought a book of postcards, and got a few pictures.
     I also made it to the Chicago Wolves hockey game in the afternoon, they beat the Iowa Wild 4-0. No goals in the 3rd. Wolves scored at start and end of 1st, start and middle of 2nd. No real souvenirs bought this time. I picked up a pocket schedule, got a starting lineup, and a free player photo as it was Little Debbie Sunday. So it had a coupon attached. I liked having Connie's Pizza at the game and some popcorn, but it was a big box so I ate just half of it and took the rest with me. And I got a souvenir drinking cup, honoring 20 seasons.
   When I was driving back from the Rosemont CTA stop in the evening, I had to wait for a train at Mt. Prospect Road. This was familiar from living in the area. I watched some of the movie '8-Mile' on TV. And of course there was music everywhere to remember this time. I wrote down 7 songs in particular. Friends With The Monster, Eminem and Rihanna. Summertime Sadness, Lana Del Rey. Applause, Lady Gaga. Party in the USA- Hanna Montana/Miley Cyrus. This Love, Maroon 5. Team, Lorde. I'm Yours, Jason Mraz. Lorde is being played a lot right now. Some of these I heard at the Wolves game, like Applause. Others were on the car radio. But I like some there reminding me of certain events in my life, This Love always reminds me of the transition, a rebirth of sorts which eventually happened in the Twin Cities. I'm Yours, reminding me of starting comedy. Thankfully most music helps recall positive memories. It's nice how some help with living there, since they are far enough back. And I do want to remember the positive when I visit my old haunts annually. Because they should not, and do not, haunt me.
    I like how this hotel has a continental breakfast, I had Froot Loops and Frosted Flakes this morning. Not every hotel I stay at has one. The internet service leaves a lot to be desired, but I found a FedEx Office in Park Ridge for a few minutes to take care of online needs. 

No comments:

Post a Comment