Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Airport Super-America

    There is a Super-America near the airport that I sometimes stop at, and I did so tonight on the way to the comedy club. I needed fuel, and had a craving for the Old Dutch 'Puffcorn', which is much like popcorn. So it meant going inside for the Puffcorn and a bottle of apple juice. The attendant saw my Minnesota Wild winter hat and wanted to talk about this hockey team for a while, until another customer showed up. I had to say I saw their minor league affiliate play this year, and this is true. He spoke of how they should play better when they've signed two players to big contracts. I said it's sometimes team chemistry as to who wins, and not how much money is spent on players. As I recall he said the Boston Bruins played better defense. It was unexpected to have this as a conversation topic. I said they are still in line to make the playoffs at this point, and for most teams this is a sign of a successful season.
    I did tell one friend at work about the 'Soap opera' that is my online dating life. And another, my 'Work spouse', had to leave early or otherwise would have heard about it as well. I did get a response to my message, and there is some interest in meeting this weekend. I said a movie is a bad idea since one can't talk at a movie. Our first date was more than six months ago so this really is like another first date, needing to get to know each other. I do have some trusted advisors about my social life, but I have enough dating experience now that I don't need advice as much as I once did. 
   At the comedy club tonight, the school bouncer was the M.C. He did well as usual. The godmother did jokes about yoga at church, along with a newer one about 'Save the date' fridge magnets. My 'Bestie' did ones about being willing to die for his lady, and how he has considered dating other women. The ex-TSA comic did ones about Minnesota and Wisconsin towns, as innuendo, and his car sounding like a cartoon tiger in winter. I liked a newer one about the History Channel, as a history major. The Mason City native did one about getting a DNA test back on his ethnic background from Ancestry dot-com.

No comments:

Post a Comment