Friday, March 21, 2014

The Sponsor's House

    I had to listen to a woman take a call on her cell phone on the bus this morning. I heard more than I what I wanted to know about her life. Sounded like she was homeless as she spoke of how even an efficiency (probably meant apartment) is fine, and she could stay at her sponsor's house. I heard something about drug testing as well.
   I had hoped to enjoy the fish fry tonight at the American Legion but I got there just after 7pm and was told they were out of fish by then. This news was given by a woman who was having a smoke by the front door. I went in anyway to confirm. I did get another box of Girl Scout cookies, Samoas. The woman tried to give me another recommendation on a fish fry, but it didn't pan out in my mind. I did find the place, no problem there, as it was just a few blocks away. But the sign out front told me the price she gave me wasn't accurate. She told me $8.95, but it was $12.99. So I didn't eat there. I knew there also was a McDonald's on the east side, so I drove over there and had a Filet-o-Fish sandwich and fries. An employee was sweeping up when I was sitting down to eat, and some pennies were swept up. I said I don't understand why some throw away pennies, as I throw them in a jar. She said some people are rich, I said 'or dumb'. She didn't sweep up all of them, so I picked up three.
   I was onstage tonight at the comedy club. I happened to be early in the lineup. Much of them were new jokes, like about colleagues. One of them was about leaving Minnesota to see a hockey game.  

No comments:

Post a Comment