Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Night Boat To Cairo

     I like doing the Wii dancing a lot at my workplace in the afternoon, and I do my best to remember the songs we danced to. There was 5 today. This included 'ET' by Katy Perry, 'Are you going to go my way' by Lenny Kravitz, 'Night boat to Cairo', a version of a song from the movie 'Pulp Fiction' by the Black-eyed peas (I think it may be called 'Pump It', since it is in the lyrics) and 'I don't feel like dancing'. Some of these we have done before, but I didn't mind. I just like the exercise. The event coordinator really wanted to do 'Night Boat To Cairo', she hadn't been there for the past two sessions. We have mummies on the screen showing what dance moves get us points for this song.
     There were plenty of good jokes at the comedy club tonight, and I did my best to write down what I liked. 'Auto-correct' did one about somebody having a boob tattoo, and about taking an acting class.  The 'Time share' comic did one about dating someone with a protective friend, which  included a Robert DeNiro impression. The Kentucky native did some jokes about being in a mental hospital. The next comic was somebody I had written about before, doing a set with a Siri app, but didn't have a name for her then. She will be the 'Dog Conga' comic. She did a joke about a Tigger tattoo, and how she isn't a paper boy or a farmer- due to her bib overalls and hat. And she did the one about testa-roni- the one about the dog conga line. The godmother did ones about a relative trying to diagnose her with lupus, yoga at church, being asked to be officiant at a carnie wedding, and being married to a cop. The Tetris comic did the ones about Taco John's and trains, home use catheters, and taste buds.
    I hadn't seen the show closer in a while, as she now lives in southern California. She did one about being called a pretty Steve Buscemi, and growing up in Washington State where they had battleships and meth in her hometown since it was a military town. She herself served, in the Air Force. So I will call her 'Air Force nuke launcher' as she does a joke about this being what she was in charge of in the military. She also did one about heroin being a legal drug for a while.
    I had traded messages with her on Facebook in the past week, since she posted her tour schedule there. I said Rochester is not close enough, haven't been there for comedy yet. But I was pleased to find out she planned to be in the Twin Cities as well, just didn't know specifically when. She did make a joke about how that town should be close enough, when she arrived tonight, since she drove 2,000 miles to get to the area.

No comments:

Post a Comment