Sunday, March 9, 2014

Headlights, Eminem And Nate Ruess

   As usual, there was plenty of music I listened to today on the drive back from Iowa City. One of the notable songs I heard on the radio was 'Headlights' by Eminem and Nate Ruess, the Fun front-man. I had heard it a few times recently but hadn't bothered to look up the title. It is another song about Eminem's mom, but a different tone than the others. I like how he is so honest in is songs. I listened to the other 2 CDs today that I brought, after listening to the Nelly CD the previous day, 6 Derrty hits. One was Play by Brad Paisley, the guitar album. I liked all of the guest stars on it like Buck Owens and Andy Griffith. My ex might be pleased that I finally bought one of his CDs. Then there is Nimrod by green Day. It has Nice guys Finish Last, and Time Of Your Life. Other notables on the radio were Talk Dirty To Me by Poison, a reminder of being at a class reunion. And I heard Lorde multiple times, mostly Team but also heard Royals, her earlier song, once. And there was This Love by Maroon 5, a reminder of being laid off in suburban Chicago but now it is a pleasant reminder of the new life I acquired after it.
   I called my dad when I got back, and said I finally heard about a Hy-Vee store to open in the Twin Cities, in New Hope. He said he has seen the war movie Monuments Men, I haven't yet. And he spoke of going to the state basketball tournament soon, since his school is going to it.     

No comments:

Post a Comment