Thursday, March 20, 2014

James Dean Tie

     I briefly met with my boss this morning and he was wearing a James Dean tie. It was to let me know what my pay raise would be, and when it takes effect. I don't think I have noticed his ties much before, but I know how there are a wide variety of ties available.
    I did watch 2 episodes of 'Big Bang Theory' tonight, but not a prime time episode as the college basketball tournament is on. The first one was about Priya asking Leonard to stop doing things with Penny, and how Sheldon couldn't figure out a card trick Howard was doing. The second was one where Lewis Black guest starred as a cricket expert. He was asked to settle a bet between Sheldon and Howard.
     I tried to watch some of the tournament, but didn't pay much attention at all. It can be hard to do in the early rounds as they move between games often. I know Texas beat Arizona State in a close game. Michigan won as well. These two games were from Milwaukee, the Bradley Center, where I saw a Coldplay concert in 2006. I spent some time going through some forms, shredding what I no longer needed or valued, and writing out two checks. One was for my internet service provider, the other my University of Iowa alumni association membership. I also fell asleep for a little while, but I know this tends to happen when tired and laying down in my easy chair. Not much in the mail today, one E-bay order arrived, it was a first day cover honoring the sport of baseball at the Olympic games in 1992. It is the third I have related to the sport as a whole, the others being anniversaries from 1939 and 1969.

No comments:

Post a Comment