Wednesday, March 12, 2014

I Don't Feel Like Dancing

    We did Wii dancing at the end of the workday, and one of the songs we danced to was 'I don't feel like dancing'. As I recall the video showed the dancer coming out of an igloo. It's another song I heard for the first time due to this event. Funny how a dance song has such a title.
     I was onstage at the comedy club tonight, and I tried some new jokes. One was about seeing a hockey game outside Minnesota- when I was in suburban Chicago. The Wisconsin couple was right before me, and the 'Tetris comic' was right after me. My 'Bestie' was near the end, doing the 'Chivalry is dead' joke along with considering dating other women. I like how he does voice impressions in both, he is good at them. The wife in the Wisconsin couple did one about firing warning shots. Before I went onstage I said they were a tough act to follow, though I have had to follow them before. In many ways it is a thrill just to share the stage with so much talent.
   I did lunch with a colleague but it was shortened as she was on a long call, a password reset. She paid for my sandwich, saying it was a birthday present. It was very nice of her. She is often referred to as 'The perky girl'.
   Another billing cycle just began for Bill Me Later, so I just placed some more E-bay orders. Three of them are World's Fair postcards, the fourth was a Maytag photo.
   I just found out last week's date is another 'One and done'. I was stunned as I seemed to hit all of the right chords this time. But I have already learned how it doesn't mean everything.  

No comments:

Post a Comment