Thursday, March 13, 2014

Desire Trumps Ability

   While riding the bus this morning, I heard a man tell a woman how desire trumps ability. I have said many times before how you can't coach desire- either you have it or you don't. But I didn't entirely agree with him even though I didn't say so, I just listened. Sometimes ability is more important, as we tend to enjoy more what we are good at. I would say 'I need more information' as I think it depends on the situation as to which one is more important.
   I stayed a few minutes late at work to get the letters caught up. I don't like doing this but it almost feels like I have no choice. I still made it home in time to watch 2 episodes of 'Big Bang Theory'. The syndicated rerun was the one where the gang went to the same conference and bickered over personal matters disguised as science. Howard felt threatened by meeting Bernadette's ex. The prime time episode was another one with Raj being the moderator of a game that most of the gang played, this time a murder mystery. Howard went with Sheldon back to Texas to visit Sheldon's mom.    
    I placed some more E-bay orders, four in all, and all were first day covers from Chicagoland. Th9s included the mail order (Montgomery Ward) centennial, Ameripex Stamp Expo, Columbian Stamp Expo, along with Science and Industry- the 50th anniversary of the S and I Museum. It was nice to get caught up on paperwork after going to Chris and Rob's to use a birthday coupon, half off a pizza. I had one with mushrooms and Italian sausage. Some of the paperwork was looking at online articles I had printed and trying to do some event planning for later this year, like attending baseball games in the summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment