Friday, March 28, 2014

He Needs A Hospital

     When I was taking the bus home from work tonight there was somebody who got on while still in downtown St. Paul asking if the route goes to a certain hospital. The driver said it did not go directly to one, though fairly close. Judging by the way he spoke, and didn't seem to be standing very steadily, it looked like he needed to get to a hospital. Some may have just thought he had too much to drink.
   I did make it to the American Legion on St. Paul's East Side tonight for their fish fry. It helped that I left nearly an hour earlier, compared to last week. The Lions Club sponsored this one, there is a different sponsor each week. The desserts were popular, and sold separately from the all you can eat, a dollar apiece for desserts. It was ten dollars for the fish and main course items like potatoes, baked beans, and corn. The desserts were so popular that I got the last one, two cookies. I did look into some other places having fish fries, two others based on price and location interest me. One man said this fish fry was cheaper than many others since it is staffed by volunteers, which made sense. One of the college basketball tournament games was on when I was there, Tennessee vs. Michigan. It was still on when I got home, Michigan held on to win it. I didn't watch much else on the tournament tonight since I was at the comedy club, but there were plenty of monitors there saying who won the other three games. Michigan State, Kentucky, and Connecticut also advanced.
   At the comedy club tonight, there was a different show closer. This time it was somebody I will call the 'Pottery barn' comic as he did a new joke about shopping at pottery barn with his bride-to-be, since he just got engaged. I have seen him do comedy many times before, and earlier this week he was wearing a Frank Zappa shirt if I'm not mistaken. The bus fare comic did his 'Poop in this bar' joke. The self-checkout comic did his 'Why I don't have tattoos' joke. The Maryland native did a joke about being on a date with a 'Trannie'. I did get a few shout-outs. After the show I saw the Belarus native and said I was used to seeing him in the front row ready to give high-fives to performers when leaving the stage. I didn't see him doing this tonight though, and he said it was due to having a different show closer. He asked me and others why he does the high-five thing, but didn't seem to give his own answer. When I was leaving he did high-five me.

No comments:

Post a Comment