Friday, March 14, 2014

Chili Dog Billboard

    I went to the comedy club tonight, but didn't see the chili dog billboard across the street like I typically do. It depicted a big mouth ready to eat a chili dog.
   There were plenty of notable comics and jokes tonight. I was doing my best to remember all of them during the show as I had no pen and paper with me. So I wrote them down right away after getting back from the club. The sub teacher did one about his lady hounding him for a ring, even if just a promise ring. I laughed really hard at this one, and I heard somebody say 'Go on stage' about it. A newer comic is doing a joke about the server at a restaurant, Perkins as I recall, stating Mr. Pibb is one of the drinks available. So now this will be the 'Mr. Pibb' comic. The 'Bus fare comic' got my business card before the show as I said this is his name on the blog. It is inspired by his joke were he says he looks more like bus fare than a million bucks. I liked his joke about being an orphan but didn't tap-dance like Annie. The ladies were representing tonight as well, the IED/IUD comic did one about a party were each person represents a nation. The 'Hillary look-alike' did one about how animal adoption would be more popular if  they had a 'Sex sells' attitude like most other places- in this case say 'Divorce for a horse'. The 'Tetris comic' did one about boat names. The 'Bathtub comic' did one about snapping turtles. The show closer, the 'Happy meal comic', did one about how his mom died, but she didn't. He did plenty of variations on the same joke to get crowd reaction.
    I found an online article stating Quiznos, the sandwich chain store, just filed for bankruptcy. This happened just days after Sbarro, the pizza place, filed. I have eaten at both places, but not too often lately.
   I didn't want to stay late to get caught up on work again, so I decided a few letters will wait over the weekend. When I approved my time card it said I had just over an our of overtime for the week.     

No comments:

Post a Comment