Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Generic Pepto-Bismol

     It was a rough day for me. It started off with diarrhea, and in spite of this I still wanted to go to the Capitol and meet who represents me as the legislature is in session at this time. It became academic about two hours later when I threw up after trying to eat something, and I decided not to go. I went to a CVS pharmacy and got a generic version of Pepto-Bismol, or actually the store brand of it. I threw up again when I got home with the medicine, then I slept for a while and felt better. I didn't feel like eating anything for a while, and didn't until I had some peanut butter crackers on the way to the comedy club. I figured this and drinking Sprite- couldn't find 7up- would be best for my upset stomach. I had to say no beer tonight when I arrived. A few people did say hi to me, but I felt like I had to tell them I was still ill. I'm still not great but better than I was. I said it would take more than an upset stomach to keep me away from the comedy club.
    The D.C. native was the show closer, and I said to myself 'B.S.' like my dad would say when he told people the storyline to the Oscar-winning movie 'Dallas Buyers Club'. He did make it funny when he made it a Wesley Snipes joke, about trying to raise money to get Wesley out of jail, who was in jail for tax evasion. Naturally his joke about nausea resonated with me tonight, when he was asked in detox what his nausea felt like on a scale of 1 to 7. He said it's a binary thing, either you feel it or you don't. The school bouncer comic did jokes about Michael Jordan, Magic Johnson, and the O.J. Simpson case. The Wisconsin couple, now based in L.A., were at my table. The wife did one about being 'Pregnant with rage', sounded like what her therapist said. The husband did one about online comments, and it sounded like self-promotion of his CD.

No comments:

Post a Comment