Monday, March 24, 2014

Palace Theater, St. Paul

     I passed by the newspaper box as usual this morning after getting off the bus and saw a headline that caught my eye. It was about an interest in having a movie theater in downtown St. Paul again. This would be the Palace Theater, it has been empty for most of my time living in the Twin Cities. For a while I noticed them having up posters for a Brave New Workshop show, called 'Minnesota- It's not just for Lutherans anymore'. They had people crammed into the outline of the shape of the state. There is a proposal to give funding to this theater going through the legislature.
    It was a long day at work as the payoff report arrived late and of course it was big since it is a Monday. So I went to lunch much later than typical.
    I was onstage tonight at the comedy club, and it went real well. I did plenty of new jokes, or modified some jokes I just tried last week about coworkers. I also like finally doing the one about seeing an employee sweep up pennies at McDonald's. My fellow comics are quite interested in how I write a blog, including about the shows I go to. Some have asked what their name is here, and not all of them have names yet. Two comics I write about often performed- the 'Extra murder' comic did jokes about seeing plenty of movies and his phone book/phone booth joke. The Tetris comic was show closer and did his boat name joke, and asked crowd members for boat names.
   After getting home from the show I checked my internet dating profile and noticed one match in it wasn't a new one. It was somebody I had a date with in September. I was told my match didn't want to date right now and would inform me when they are ready. I did send a message through the site right away- despite the fact that we exchanged personal emails earlier. I said I remember you, and asked if my match is ready to date now. 

No comments:

Post a Comment