Wednesday, March 26, 2014

First Time Karaoke

        I went to a bar tonight to do comedy, and ended up doing even more. It was my first time doing karaoke, and I was at the Turf Club in St. Paul. I chose 'Lose Yourself' by Eminem, from the movie '8-Mile', as the movie made me an Eminem fan. I found out it was harder than it looks, but I did well on keeping up. Sounds like I am already famous because of it, as there were Facebook postings about it and somebody filming me. I look forward to seeing myself on film.
   Before the show I went to the nearby CVS pharmacy to pick up a few items. I had a craving for chips, and got a small can of Pringles and those were eaten right away. But I also got a can of Hormel chili and a small package of Ritz crackers as I needed dinner for the next day. It was way more enjoyable to visit this time, as my most recent visit was earlier this month to get some Pepto-Bismol as I had just threw up.
   It went well on doing comedy, which wasn't that long after doing karaoke. Most were fairly new jokes, and I liked getting around to ones about internet dating. I did one about how some matches are surprised I am still single, never been married. I thought about adding to one of my coworker jokes but didn't, as we exchanged I.M.'s in reference to the monthly birthday cake which was around midday. She claims I am unable to match wits with her, though I can match wits with the best of them. I did take a camera phone photo of some comics when requested. I saw plenty of comics there but didn't see all of them perform. The show was running late and I needed to leave. I shared a table with the dental assistant for a while, I think he was scheduled for real late. I liked and knew many of the karaoke songs, starting with 'Back on the chain gang' by the Pretenders. Another did 'Why do we crucify ourselves' in the lyrics. The bus fare comic did both comedy and karaoke like I did.
   When I was leaving I did say I am thankful for the stage time to the show runner. I will call her the International Falls native as this is given on her Facebook page and sometimes fellow comics are named for where they are from.
   I liked doing Wii dancing as usual near the end of my workday. songs included 'Toxic', 'Big beautiful girls', and 'D.A.N.C.E.' I did give an update to my advisor at work about the 'Soap opera' that is my dating life. Sounds like my match is interested in a walk, followed by coffee or dinner.

No comments:

Post a Comment