Sunday, March 30, 2014

Tender Comrade

I was searching for the song 'Tender Comrade' on Youtube and found out it was also the name of a movie from 1943 starring Ginger Rogers. So I liked how I learned something from online searches. This of course was the World War 2 era, and it sounded like it was inspired by what was then current events based on what I found on Wikipedia. I was more familiar with 'Stage Door Canteen' since I wanted to see it after it was mentioned in one of my history books in school.
   I watched some of the college basketball tournament after I had coffee at a Caribou. Connecticut and Kentucky won to complete the Final Four. And I placed another E-bay order, a World's Fair postcard. I still need to file a claim about the two orders that did not arrive, but according to the tracking numbers they were delivered  a week earlier when I was out running errands.
   I feel like this date went well, this was the 'second first date'. Though we didn't do a walk, as my date was ill. I liked how I pushed myself to get to the fitness center this afternoon, as I did speak of it on the date. I am back into the habit more of exercising besides just walking, even if I am not at the fitness center for long it is still exercise to walk through the skyway to get there after parking my car.    

No comments:

Post a Comment