Wednesday, May 13, 2015

Blue Bandage

    I have a blue bandage on my hand due to a paper cut, I don't see this color used for bandages often. It was nice getting stage time at the comedy club, the first time at this particular venue. It was a place I had passed by before but had never went in, this was true for some other venues where I have performed. Notable is seeing a Snoopy statue outside. I heard about the show as the high-energy musician from Monday said she runs this show, and much like two days ago it was mostly musicians. But I don't mind as I like listening to music.
    Notable today was doing a walk to the saints baseball stadium during the Wii dancing allotment of 30 minutes in the afternoon. It looked like a high school game was in progress, as one of the team's uniforms said Johnson, the name of a St. Paul high school. At the comedy club the opening act included a guitar player. Nothing unusual there, except it was a kid of age 11 or 12. He was pretty good. I even gave him a shout-out when I was onstage, and referred to seeing a kid musician in St. Louis and saying the same thing there. My set was mostly inspired by music, seemed appropriate for the crowd. It included mention of when I have done Karaoke before, and finding out I was good at it. Notable for this venue was seeing drink holders on the microphone stand, I liked seeing this. The show runner said one performer likes to preach, I found out on my own she was right. He spoke for a while and some of what he said I agreed with but not all of it. He spoke of how it shouldn't be so competitive in the comedy community, how we all do better if we support each other. Well there were some musicians nearby who said it is the same way in their community as well. There are just so many paying gigs to go around, and the world as a whole is really competitive, so not much can be done about it.      

No comments:

Post a Comment