Saturday, May 2, 2015

Newsweek Special, Abraham Lincoln

    When I went to the grocery store this evening I also decided to get the Newsweek magazine special edition about Abraham Lincoln. There is one by Life magazine, but I told myself one at a time. The photos in it are good, something I just spoke of on Twitter. Newsweek is a few dollars cheaper and has been out longer, and there were fewer copies left. There were other special editions available, but I hardly ever buy magazines and I tend to be picky.
   This was a day for finding collectibles. I bought 11 postcards at an antique shop and then bought 19 first day cover stamps at a show inside a hotel. This was after going to the post office to pick up the mail that was there, my weekly visit. All four of my E-bay orders were there. Three were postcards and the fourth was sheet music inspired by the Emerson Hough novel 'Mississippi Bubble'. It had the same cover style as the book, green with a fleur-de-lis on it.
   After reading the Newsweek special I went to see a play in uptown Minneapolis at Bryant Lake Bowl, 'Becoming Inga'. I wanted to see it at the Fringe Festival last August so I am thankful I got another chance to see it. It was about somebody taking a job in what sounded similar to a dominatrix dungeon. I like honest stories and this story needed to be told.

No comments:

Post a Comment