Sunday, May 10, 2015

Chippy Waffles

     I went to Opera Singer's birthday party cookout at Como Park in St. Paul. I actually arrived in the picnic area before he did. When I spoke of visiting Chippewa Falls in Wisconsin, his native state, he called it 'Chippy waffles'. It was cool and windy, and did rain some. I brought a bag of BBQ chips and some little cupcakes. Not all of the cupcakes were eaten, but I can take them to the office. I had a hot dog and bratwurst, and liked the potato salad as well. I liked doing an event with comic friends away from the clubs. Plans were also for visiting the zoo, but I didn't have the time. I went home and did the dishes and rested, then went out again. It was on to the Soap Factory in Minneapolis to do volunteer work, tearing down displays. I was first assigned getting coat hangers onto a rack. It meant  separating the wire types from the plastic types. I got a photo of it. There was still plenty to do, even though it was the final shift of the day. While moving a table I got cut on a thumb going past a metal door. I needed a Band-Aid, and got some ointment before the bandage was applied. Near the end of the two hour shift I was back at the clothing racks, placing garment bags made out of trash bags over them. I was told to use as few as possible, so it wasn't one to a hanger.
   Before I ventured out at midday, I did get some more baseball cards into binders. One pack of a hundred was taken care of, but there is still another one. A few cards in it were not authorized by major league baseball, and made by Panini.      

No comments:

Post a Comment