Tuesday, May 19, 2015

Skyway Grill

    I made my first visit to the Skyway Grill in downtown St. Paul for lunch. I was lunching with the perky girl and she brought hers. She had a shorter amount of time available at 30 minutes and I take a full hour. Last time I had eaten there it was a McDonald's. I got a burger that had blue cheese on it. Their burgers have St. Paul names like Lower-town. The tea from the fountain tasted fine, and I liked the fries as well. I spoke about comedy going fine and internet dating not going fine. When I spoke of expected travels during 'Baseball and museum season' she advised me to get the day off now for my cousin's wedding in Wisconsin next month. I did get it requested and approved by the end of the day. I made two E-bay orders this evening, both were postcards. One was a cartoon of a man 'Seated' on the goalpost at Soldier Field in Chicago. The other was a World's Fair card, the Schlitz café. I did have one of Schlitz at the New York World's Fair, which was held a few years later.
   At the comedy club tonight, Mr. Pibb was the fill-in host, as International Falls was at another club. We found out when she arrived that it was to be a judge at a contest, and one of those who advance was the girl from Rochester that we saw perform 2 weeks ago. I did jokes that had movie references in them. When I was holding court recently, somebody said the leather jacket reminded them of Indiana Jones. Other references were to 'La Bamba' and 'Forrest Gump'. The MC called me a working class hero wen I was introduced.
   Also at the comedy club, Mr. Pibb did ones about Mall of America and Southdale, the spoon and cherry, Orange Julius, C3PO and Anakin, Woody Allen qualities, and making dogs nervous. Rut-roh spilled some beer. He did ones about Raisin in the Sun, cell phone, bowl of rice, internet bill, cat in heat, sensitive guy, and sensitive skin. Bathtub did ones about back into a dream, play a rerun, who has the soul, Conjoined twins paper dolls, Amber alert, fishing, and cheater bait. A comic with a beard gave me some scrap paper so I could write down jokes. He did one about old ladies at the grocery store. The crow did ones about dump sand, the Jessie's Girl song, guitar player wait, and Stairway to Heaven. New Ulm mayor did ones about big red scorpions, it wasn't me, the Angel song by Shaggy, the Mad Max movie, wearing spikes, the Friends theme song, sign at church signed God, and a Kenny Rogers song reference- about condition. Poster artist did ones about fear of sharks, and fear of loving a woman with a snake. Belarus had safety glasses on, and did crowd rap as well as one about 4 attached mirrors on the wall. Nebraska did ones about 13 internet dating profiles, HGTV, chandelier and carpet, Fox News, dog food commercials, and I'm not Wells Fargo.             

No comments:

Post a Comment