Thursday, May 7, 2015

Kentucky Colonel

    After talking with Kentucky last night about colonels and kernels he spoke of Kentucky colonels. I decided to look it up, as all I knew of was the pro basketball team in the ABA which folded in 1976. I found out it is a high honor, given by the governor. Colonel Sanders, the founder of Kentucky Fried Chicken, has this name as he was given this honor. There was mention of some Kentucky governors in the Wikipedia article, including Happy Chandler. I knew this name, since I know baseball I know one of his gigs was commissioner. He was also a senator for this state, besides governor.
    At work there were some photos put up for grabs in the afternoon, on our notary table. They were from the state fair outing in 2011, so I claimed the ones I am in. I liked how they were in a nice hand-size album. It is a reminder of some of our colleagues who are no longer working in this office.
   I watched 2 'Big Bang Theory' episodes tonight. Syndicated rerun was when Sheldon and Howard had a dispute over a parking space. Prime time episode was about relationships. Sheldon asked Amy about a TV show, while Leonard and Penny discussed wedding plans. It felt like a season finale, and it is the time of year for them. Then I took a walk around the neighborhood, and I did pick up some trash though it was less fun as it had rained earlier today so some of it was still wet. Then when I got to a Super-America I placed the bag of trash in a bin and got dinner from their roller grill. I got back home just after 9pm, and the skies looked threatening, with thunder and lightning off in the distance. After getting off the bus in the evening I liked getting one photo of a car driving through standing water. I was smart enough to stay back from the sidewalk so I wouldn't get splashed. In the morning while riding the bus I found out the science museum employee has 2 sisters and a brother. I have noticed before how I learn more when I listen more. On the news tonight there was mention of a possible shutdown of Sun Country Airlines. I did fly this airline, only once back in 2011 to Florida.

No comments:

Post a Comment