Sunday, May 31, 2015

Perry Mason

     When I called my dad tonight he said he was watching a Perry Mason movie. I know he likes them, but he said there was one where it wasn't Raymond Burr in the title role. He likes to remind me how my grandma liked these shows as well. I am not sure if I have seen one of these shows, but I have heard of them. He also told me about the death of Joe Blake of Indianola, father of former major league baseball player Casey Blake. An online article spoke of how he died in a car crash.
    I started the day at my hotel room near the St. Louis airport. I went down to the Phillips 66 and got some mini donuts and milk and orange juice. Then I found the Renaissance Hotel, one of the places where the movie 'Up in the air' was filmed. I got some postcards there. I had just seen my DVD copy of the movie and it looks like not much was filmed there, a scene or two. I took a dip in the pool of about 15 minutes before needing to check out from my hotel, which was not far from this one. I sent a postcard to the post office at the airport and said see you on the other side, as I am sending it to myself. After I checked out I went to eat at a Mexican restaurant and the owner recognized me from my visit last year. I had a Dos Equis beer with my meal, a chicken fajita with rice. It was a struggle getting back to the airport on time as there was a delay on getting my rental car checked in, some mention of wrecked cars arriving soon. I drank a Perrier when I arrived back at MSP. I chose it as I
wanted something for around two dollars and no sugar. I took the bus home and saw an empty can of Busch beer, so I picked it up and threw it out at my stop. It was a reminder of where I had just been.
    It was my typical schedule when I got back, unpacking and then I fell asleep in my chair. I watched the Simpsons, about photos from 6 years earlier, and then had to get to the grocery store.

No comments:

Post a Comment