Wednesday, May 20, 2015

Selling Roses

    At the comedy club tonight, I saw the same man try to sell roses twice. I did plenty of new jokes, and I liked the songs I heard. One of them was 'Run Around' by blues traveler, odd to have also heard it on the radio when I was headed home. Naturally the roses also makes me think of a concert I had attended many years ago. It was GNR, and I saw somebody selling roses there. I said well they can't sell guns but they can sell roses.
   We had the health ahead fair at my office job. It is an annual thing and some things looked familiar like the health screening in the main conference room. The Saints season-opening block party was at midday. I liked getting my Softee baseball signed by Saints boss Mike Veeck.
    Also at the comedy club, I liked much of the music I heard there. Notables were 'Little Talks' by Of Monsters and Men, 'Come Undone' by Duran Duran, 'Creep' by Radiohead, and 'Wagon Wheel', originally a Bob Dylan song but I know the one by Darius Rucker the best. I think the show runner did one about no rest for the wicked, and bills to pay. Don't know if it is an original song, as she does have some. O one girl's shirt there was a Kurt Cobain quote- 'Rather be hated for who I am, than be loved for who I am not'. It is something I agree with. Reminds me a little of a Eugene Debs quote I saw on a sticker before. He'd rather fight for something he wants and not get it than fight for something he didn't want and get it.

No comments:

Post a Comment