Sunday, May 24, 2015

Cupcake, Hot Chocolate

   A cupcake and hot chocolate was the first food and drink I bought tonight at the St. Paul Saints baseball game. I wanted to pace myself as I expected food trucks after the game, but due to the rain the food truck event was canceled. I also made it to the souvenir shop and got two items there, a bandana and a keychain. Good thing I asked for a bag as I did get more, a program for two dollars. I knew well enough to keep back from the railing on the outfield wall, as I did see some things that fell from there. One was a bag of ice, another was a game ticket. The game was help up for a short time so a player could take an umbrella off the field. I paid 13 dollars for my souvenirs and didn't want to waste it by losing them. The rain held up the start of the game by about an hour, I am surprised it was played at all as it constantly rained throughout the day- and during the game itself. But they got the game in, the Saints beat Fargo-Moorhead 12-5. A wet seat didn't appeal to me so I walked around for most of the game. Hard to say how many laps I made around the stadium, but probably less often than once an inning. I later got a hot dog and then chicken tenders with fries to round out my food orders. I did see a work colleague during the rain delay, a sales rep who was a history instructor. He was wearing a Minnesota Fighting Saints hockey hoodie. After the game I lucked out on not needing to wait long for a bus home over at Union Depot. I stayed until the after-game fireworks were done.
   I went to Walgreen in the afternoon and scanned more photos onto a CD, three more comics were added to the 'Ring of honor' so it is up to 72. I got a response from Belarus already, stating he was honored to be in it and he called me 'Sassy', didn't know how to respond besides saying 'Thank you'. I don't think of myself as 'Sassy' though. I ordered a comedy CD from Amazon as well, using some gift card money. It is the comic that I saw last night at the Wisconsin girl's show. There are two but I can get the other eventually. It was on my wish-list for a while but it means more to have it now since I just saw this comic again in person. He is one of the three just added to the 'Ring of Honor'. Hard to say what his blog name would be, though I did like his joke about pizza surgery.

No comments:

Post a Comment