Monday, May 4, 2015

Microphone Shaped Award

     I went to the comedy club tonight and it was an anniversary show. Awards were given out and they were in the shape of a microphone. I didn't win any but I did know many of the winners. There was a segment where we honored two of our comrades, Gus Lynch and Bill Young, by reading their jokes. I was onstage to read a joke from both. I also got a poster as my name is on it, as anyone who has performed at the show got their name on it.
     In addition, there were some who got awards but didn't make it to the show. Black Flag did Star Wars jokes as it was May the Fourth, sounding like 'may the force be with you', a well known line from the movie. There was a music video by a band called The Lyritics. There was also a couple duet, I had heard them perform with Valley Meadows before. A show runner from a 'great' comedy show was wearing a robe. He said the 'don't drink and drive' announcement is for him. There was also 2 Princess Leias, one of them is the danger zone comic, I didn't know the other, who called herself 'spark of thunder'. Preschool teacher did a music duet.
   One email I saved was from a history organization I have joined, asking all members to update their information in terms of expertise. At work it was still a busy day despite the payoff report being  smaller, as I had to handle plenty of settlement offer letters in the afternoon. I said to my boss how I have seen many tours in the office before, and I do my best to blend in. This was in reference to our facility czar giving a tour, and I decided to stay out of their way by going down a different aisle.

No comments:

Post a Comment