Thursday, May 28, 2015

Shining Star, Earth Wind And Fire

  Tonight I left work a little early and took the light rail over to Minneapolis to be part of the filming of a video celebrating the 40th anniversary of the Loft Literary Center, where I have taken writing classes. I also I have a membership with this organization. I sang 2 lines from 'Shining Star', by Earth Wind and Fire. We got it done in 5 takes. The logistics proved to be a challenge as there was somebody singing the song everywhere, starting out on the sidewalk. I understood it as they wanted to show off the entire building, as we ended up on the patio outside which has a nice view of the skyline and the Vikings stadium under construction. It was the first time I had seen the patio, and I had been there many times before.
   I arrived while there still was the social time with some food and drink, then we were assigned partners for the parts of the song we were doing. I liked claiming a souvenir, the sheet with the lyrics on it. It was called the 'lip-dub video taping' by the event coordinators. I was at two different places to sing my lines, on the landing I sang 'in the sky so very dear, yeah' then I moved to the first flight of stairs where I sang 'that's it now I got my own oh yeah'. I was teamed with an older woman, who I noticed after we were done filming had changed her outfit. So she took it seriously on wanting to be in costume with a 70's outfit like they requested. I really didn't have anything that I felt fit the bill. I decided to put a headband on, actually it was a black sash from a dress.

No comments:

Post a Comment