Sunday, January 8, 2017

after the birthday party

I performed at two different venues today. one of them was the donut party in the afternoon. the second was in the evening, and at that one we waited until a kid's birthday party was done. they brought out hats and treats and sang 'happy birthday' to them. no big deal, though when we were waiting in a different part of the venue I did have a server ask me if I wanted anything. I said I would want a beer closer to when our show was happening. I did some of the same jokes at the two. or I improved on them. it meant doing two stories about office colleagues instead of one. at the second I did one about a colleague's cubicle being cleaned out. confronting one was done at both. I liked doing the traffic report at the first one since the show runner, international falls, hadn't but did do it after me. I also did ones about the 'it's been done!' meme, emoji candies, winchell, and the martin luther exhibit. I did see one performer, new to me anyway, at both. she only performed at the first one.
   before I left for the first show, I did spend some time with shredding junk mail as well as getting more comedy souvenirs into a binder. it did lead to more being found that were laying around, but I am mostly caught up again. notable was getting the growler magazine article from last month in the binder. I didn't want much more time to pass on that one since it was a big deal.
   I fell asleep for  little while between shows, back at home. I watched some of the NFL playoffs on TV but not much, I caught more if it this weekend on the radio. I did wake up in time tonight to prepare dinner before heading out to the second show. I am used to eating before I get to the venue.


No comments:

Post a Comment