Sunday, January 22, 2017

pee wee's big adventure movie

this morning I saw the movie 'pee wee's big adventure', on loan from the library. thankful I finally saw it as it had been mentioned before. I recalled a screening of it at the Fitzgerald Theater in St. Paul, don't know why I didn't make it there. and at the office recently it was mentioned there. I know I understand it better in terms of the scene that was on the video board at st. paul saints baseball games. it is the one where he dances to 'tequila' inside a biker bar. I knew the premise was that he went on an extended journey to find his stolen bike. the question was when and where it would get stolen. I thought it was ridiculous when he got out all of those chains to lock it up. and as a history major I liked that he ends up touring the Alamo in san Antonio. I haven't been there yet but I would like to go. there were plenty of weird characters in it, hard to say which one tops the list. probably 'large marge', or the escaped convict. there were enough things that I liked about it, so it was worth seeing. I said it reminded me a little of 'forrest gump', and 'dumb and dumber'. in many ways I could relate to the main character's struggle. much like pee wee herman, I like being left alone with my simple pleasures, and when those are taken away from me then there are problems.
    after watching the movie, I had to go do laundry. then after this was done, it was on to the performance venue. I did ones about 'game over', an email with a happy new year greeting, a doppelganger, what I saw at the capitol, paying for parking, and the pee wee herman movie.
    after I got home, I rested for a while and it meant doing the dishes after falling asleep. I watched some of both of the football games today, Atlanta and new England won to advance to the Super Bowl. during my walks I found plenty of change, and just over a dollar went into my change bank.

No comments:

Post a Comment