Wednesday, January 4, 2017

i.t. man from texas

it as delightful to meet the new i.t. man, he spoke of being in texas for a while, working for Montgomery ward in dallas as I recall. this was after I said I worked for an ex-Montgomery ward business in suburban Chicago. at first he showed up to rip out a computer of a colleague that is now officially retired, her name is Barbara. it was announced last week, but I hadn't seen her in the office for a while. my boss was surprised to hear how he showed up that quickly, when we had our 'touch base' weekly meeting in the afternoon. I am pleased to look at my online calendar and found out it is the only one I have for the week. he did help me with my own equipment, switching out the keyboard and monitor. he tells me the component will be replaced soon as well. I wanted to clean things up, as I hated leaving behind a keyboard that I had just sneezed on. but he said it was fine. he spoke of having a friend that is also a performer, a musician as I recall, and how he handles being on social media like facebook.
   I did make it to the performance venue tonight. I didn't eat an actual meal after getting home, had some snacks then fell asleep for an hour in my easy chair. but it was cold outside, didn't feel like going out to eat that bad. I had some peanuts, still some left from the can I bought from family dollar last week. in my set I did ones about the 'walking in memphis' sheet music still onstage, also about visiting new Orleans as visiting Memphis made me think of it. others were about confronting an office colleague that I thought was a friend, the Charlie daniels band song 'let it roll', and more about internet dating. though it is hard to know what is happening with it at times. another performer that I like seeing shared a story about meeting school bouncer's dad in las vegas when he happened to be there to get married. before leaving for the venue I also liked getting more caught up on getting souvenirs from performing onto pages and into binders, it was 6 pages tonight but I hadn't done it in over a week. it means that most from December are there now.




No comments:

Post a Comment