Thursday, January 26, 2017

love is all around

tonight I watched a CBS special called 'love is all around', about mary tyler moore, who just died on Wednesday. the first part was an interview with oprah winfrey by the m.c. when I posted on twitter about watching this program I saw how somebody said they were bored with this idea and were changing the channel. I did stay tuned and thankfully they did do more about mary herself and not oprah. although I will admit much of it was covered in the article I read this morning in the star tribune, as it was mostly career highlights. not once did I hear mention of her playing mary todd in 'gore vidal's lincoln'. as a history major I would have liked seeing them show clips of it. and as I recall some scenes from 'MTM' were shown more than once, like the part about taking 'the pill'. there was plenty from 'the dick van dyke show', as well there should be, the sitcom she did before 'MTM'.
   I also posted memories on facebook, saying what Dad said when I announced in early 2004 that I was moving to the twin cities: 'sat hi to mary tyler moore for me'. and during one of his visits we went over to find the statue at nicollet mall after a twins game at the metrodome, we found it even though he asked me if it was a wild goose chase. when I watched 'MTM' reruns as a kid I recalled what he said about the opening segment: 'throws her hat up in the air in downtown Minneapolis, 10 degrees below outside'. or was it 12? either way, still really cold. I have seasons 1 and 2 on DVD, bought at a target. I am thankful I looked at the email from major league baseball, as it was footage of her throwing out the first ball at a twins game in 2002.
    I did take a walk around the neighborhood after this program was done, which aired from 8-9pm. I was pleased to find plenty of coins along the way, a total of 69 cents went into my change bank. although very little of it was from the car wash, mostly from the windows at drive-thru food outlets. I did watch 2 'big bang theory' episodes tonight. syndicated rerun was when leonard and penny were fighting about her Nebraska friend wanting to stay at her place, and how Sheldon hated hearing the arguing. prime time episode was when Sheldon and amy Farrah fowler decide to live together.
   I did have the STEP interview just before midday. I feel like I did well but I have had this good feeling before and have been wrong every time. I think I will find out the result next week. I know I was more prepared this time.

  

No comments:

Post a Comment