Tuesday, January 3, 2017

calendars from non-profits

I finally decided to look inside an envelope from the civil war preservation trust to see what was inside. I was pleased that it was a calendar! usually I get way more from non-profits, but this year it appears to be just one. I am hanging it in my home. I still have last year's up at the office, but I have received one from the company before. I liked the one I got from the union of concerned scientists for two straight years, even though I never became a member of their organization or contributed anything. the civil war trust has expanded to try to preserve battle sites from more than just the civil war, also the American revolution. I cut back on most of the history organizations that I am a member of, though I kept this one and the American historical association. I think it helped to hear that my 8th grade history teacher, the late Russell clayton, said he was also a member of the civil war trust.  
   it was the first day back at the office after a 3-day weekend, so I was busy with the payoff report for a while but there were no new titles. I did chuck some of my personal records as I had the time, I put the ones from October in the shredder in the afternoon.
   I did make it to the performance venue tonight, and 7 cents found on the walk after the show went into my change bank. I said the 'couch gag' joke would be about the video game 'mortal kombat', inspired by how the show runner, soap opera, brought me onstage. I also did ones about a lady gaga song at karaoke, an adele song, and what a pen looked like.

No comments:

Post a Comment