Sunday, January 29, 2017

shoreview library

I went to the grand opening at the shoreview library this afternoon. great seeing an orchestra there playing some modern music. I recognized them as 'yesterday' by the beatles, and 'demons' by the imagine dragons. there was refreshments as well, some bottled water and cookies. I liked seeing the book return in its full form, as I just see the door open and that is it. much like other grand openings, it was a photographer's dream.
   it was also nice getting to the twins fan-feat after I was done at the library. I would have liked arriving earlier as I think of my typical eating schedule, and it was after 3pm by then and hadn't eaten lunch. I got a hot dog and some hot chocolate. it was a great place to find baseball souvenirs as usual. there was two postcards of baseball stadiums, where movies or TV shows were filmed. two cards of former twins players. a strip of trading cards of those who played for rochester, NY, their minor league affiliate. one of the mascot for cedar rapids, another minor league club. a grab bag of baseball cards for two dollars, I counted 75 cards in it. and finally a Herschel walker card, from his time playing for the USFL's new jersey generals. I said it was time to leave for multiple reasons. it was close to 6pm, closing time. and I was running low on money. it is a good idea to stick to a budget.
   I was tired from these two events and decided to stay in this evening, even though a friend was performing in new hope, the d.c. native. I realized I had a backlog of baseball cards, so I decided to get them in the binders. it was a total of just over 200. this included a pack I bought at Walgreen a while back, and some that I got at the yogi berra museum in new jersey in august. I counted just 18 as duplicates, just under 10 percent. I destroy duplicates, so I liked finding out that I won't have to destroy many.

No comments:

Post a Comment