Friday, January 13, 2017

toro centennial book

this week I claimed a book left in the main breakroom. it is called 'legacy of excellence', a centennial history of the toro company. I understand that my dad still has a toro snow blower, and it is more than 20 years old. this book is over 200 pages, and is divided into 10 chapters. plenty of pictures in it, no surprise there. what caught my eye was seeing mention of the TV shows it sponsored in 1968. this was the smothers brothers comedy hour, and the ed Sullivan show. another is of president kennedy using a toro golf master.  there was a card that fell out of it, mention of being a partner with my employer as the toro company turned to us for the financing of purchases of their products.
    I saw a comedy show tonight, a friend was in town. he is the Michigan native that is now based in Chicago. his lady friend was part of the lineup as well. I got stage time at the open-mic after it. I did one about mason city saying I looked like a gangster with the coat I had on. others were about the martin luther exhibit, cleaning out a cube, and comments about my lunch. I was brought on by a gwen Stefani or no doubt song, and said I had seen no doubt in concert.
  

No comments:

Post a Comment