Saturday, January 7, 2017

martin luther exhibit

this afternoon I went to see the martin luther exhibit at the Minneapolis art institute. it was crowded there, explaining why at times I looked at some of the rooms 'out of order'. as usual, when I go to museums I expect to learn something. I did like how in one section they did have the 95 theses listed. I hadn't read them before but I took the time here. some of the artifacts at the exhibit were not attributed to luther himself but were relevant to the time he lived in. and I liked learning about some of his contemporaries as well. I did have to rush through some parts of it as we were getting the announcements about the museum closing soon. I guess if I want to get a look at the souvenir shop I can make a return visit sometime soon.
   I didn't mind it at all how there was very little on my plate to do. I did make it to check my post office box at midday, and two e-bay orders were there. both are Oktoberfest buttons, from different cities. one says it is from Chicago and Schlitz beer is a sponsor, and shows part of the city's skyline. the other is from Kitchener and waterloo, cities in Ontario, Canada. I did read some about the town of Kitchener, about how it got the name due to anti-german sentiments in world war one. it had been named 'berlin'. I also read about Kitchener himself, he was a british military man that died in this war. there will be more souvenirs coming soon, as I ordered two more postcards this week.
   tonight I went to a comedy show, late in the evening. it is hosted by somebody that I think I called 'small world' as I recalled this song being part of his comedy set one time. this is a rare thing now, where I attend a show and not perform, but he is a good guy. this is a once a month show that I have performed at twice before.
    notable with facebook activity was seeing a posting from the Wisconsin man. it was in response to me saying I bought some 'emoji candy' that I found in a discount bin at a gas station. he said he would do a 'meme' of me saying 'it's been done!' and he finally did.

No comments:

Post a Comment